Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long will it take me to speak Spanish/ English/ Catalan?
To learn a language is to have one more window from which to look at the world. – Chinese Proverb
It is hard to determine how long will it take you to speak fluently the language, it depends on the student, the commitment, the time of dedication. To have a rough idea, we have had students that have gone from zero to being able to go shopping, ask for food in a restaurant and talk about their hobbies in 1 month and a half. Others take more time, but with our help, you will be given the best tools to further your learning.
2. How do I know what level I am?
If you are not sure which class to choose, read our Levels offered page or take our level test.
3. Do teachers speak English/Spanish during the lessons?
The effective way to learn or improve a language skill is through immersion in the target language, however complex explanations of grammar or vocabulary can be explained in your mother tongue. Rest assured we will have no trouble in making ourselves understood even by students who have little or no knowledge of the language of study.
4. Can I receive a qualification or certificate?
You can receive an end of course certificate that will confirm the number of hours you have studied at the school, the course you have taken and the level you have achieved.
5. How much homework is typically involved?
You will get approximately one hour’s worth of homework per class/session, but in addition, we would recommend you invest a further 15 minutes of self-study per day using our resources in the Gdrive as well as Campus Difusión.
6. What happens if I find my class is too easy or too difficult for me?
If at the end of your first lesson you find you’re really struggling to keep up or you’re finding the lessons too easy then please tell us as we will be happy to adapt to your level.
7. What happens if I miss a lesson of my pack?
Lessons cancelled more than 24h in advance will not be charged, however, if you fail to notify us in advance the lesson will be charged. Homework covering what was going to be given will be provided.
8. Is the textbook included in my lessons?
No, books will be purchased separately following the teacher's advice however access to the GDrive materials is included in the lessons.
Bookings & Availability
1. How do I reserve a lesson?
To reserve a lesson please do it through our website http://hablamosletstalk.com/book-online or contact us through email email@example.com or call us to send us a Whatsapp or text message or call at
07493563400 (+44 7493563400 international).
2. What is the typical student profile?
Our school welcomes all ages! We offer lessons to kids, teenagers, adults (the majority of our students) and seniors.
3. What is the minimum number of students on a course?
Lessons are private, 1-1. Group and social events require a minimum of students. If there weren't enough students which are the event would be rescheduled or you would receive a refund.
Payment & Refunds
Terms and Conditions
1. Can I pay for the lesson after it has taken place?
No, lessons are paid in advance upon booking. Once the payment has been received, the lessons is confirmed
2. What if I need to cancel or reschedule the lesson?
- Cancelation is free 24h in advance. After that, you will be charged the full amount.
- If the student fails to confirm their assistance 24h before the class, the lesson will be cancelled and not refunded.
- No shows are treated as a late cancellation, therefore will be fully charged.
- If a student arrives more than 15 minutes late to a lesson, that will be treated as a less than 24h cancellation and won't be refunded.
3. What if I need to temporarily stop the course and I was in the middle of a Pack?
If you bought a pack of 5 or 10 lessons but you need to freeze it, you can pause it, and restart it when is most convenient to you.
4. Can I pay a deposit and then pay the rest later?
No, you must pay the entire amount at the time of booking.
5. Alterations by the Student
If the student wishes to do the lesson at a different rate, he or she will have to pay the price difference before the lessons or will be refunded the difference, depending on the case.